A few unexpected extra changes snuck out alongside yesterday’s patch for Overwatch, including some buffs for Sombra. These changes weren’t meant for the live game just yet – and have since been removed – but they do serve as a preview of what’s coming down the line in the new PTR.
There’ve been some significant nerfs to Mercy recently, but you probably shouldn’t be freaking out about them.
Principal designer Geoff Goodman confirmed the plans on the Battle.net forums, and detailed exactly what to expect. The plan is to bring down the power of Sombra’s ult while making the rest of her abilities more widely useful.
Here’s what that means in concrete terms:
- No longer gains ult from health pack healing
- Weapon Spread decreased by 10%
- Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s
- Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:
- Genji – Double Jump/Wall Climb
- Pharah – Hover Jets
- Hanzo – Wall Climb
- Lucio – currently running Crossfade song will be disabled
- Mercy – Angelic Descent
This patch is set to hit the PTR “soon,” and we’re also expecting some balance changes for Mei, since the mistaken update saw the ammo cost for her icicle shot reduced from 25 to 20.